Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bonjou from Haiti!!

We made it.  Got here yesterday 8-24 at about 12:30 pm.  Goodness, it is hot!!  Couldn't post last night because the internet was being stubborn and we were worn out from very little sleep.  We rested well last night (except for the mosquitos:(  )  and had a very busy day today unpacking ALL of our bags.  (All arrived here in record time, I'm sure!!)  Praise the Lord for that blessing. 
We are on the roof but are not in a tent.  We are living in the girls dorm at this time.  No power or lights but much more comfortable.  We are truly blessed to be here.
There is lots of work to be done here.  Lots of evil spirits around.  The 3 interns here saw evidence of them a couple of nights ago and last night.  We know that Father has His angels of protection all around this place.  Please pray for His continued protection.
One of the interns, Lisha, has been sick today.  Please pray for her.  Ron and I are resting and well.  Just trying to adapt to the heat.  That may take some time.  Looking forward to what tomorrow will bring.
Love to all and thanks so much for your prayers. 

5 comments:

  1. We love you guys and are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, I'm glad you made it okay. I'm praying for Ron and you.

    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys!!! So glad to hear you made it safe. I went and bought me some wherthers candy LOL Will be praying for you :) Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual, I'm very backward at understanding this technology. I thought it worked like an email and I was waiting to get it personally. Sorry! I pray that God blesses you with good health and strength to sustain you in your mission. I love you very much and stay well. Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, enjoyed the pictures of the children, and enjoyed your post. Sounds like a lot of work and also fun. Can someone take a picture of you? I would like to see you. And also of the house where you are staying. Love always and prayers Mom.

    ReplyDelete