Friday, September 30, 2011

“You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you, that you should go and bear fruit…” John 15:16.




Last night as I lay in bed, trying to go to sleep, I asked God “Why did You send me here?” In His soft, still voice He answered me. “Because I love you.”
I have been chosen by Almighty God, the Creator of heaven and earth, of all things seen and unseen. My God , my Father, who knew me before I was ever formed in my mother’s womb.
He doesn’t need me to do His work. He can do all things without anybody’s help. After all, He is God. But He invites each one of His children to join Him in His work and experience the wonders of His glory. He doesn’t need us but He wants us. How deep the Father’s love for us!!

It seems like I have been asking myself the question “what I am doing here?” a lot lately.
Maybe it’s because we are going into our 7th month here and we miss our family and friends very much. I seem to always have very profound and unexpected answers to that question when I least expect it.

“God will bless you if you let us watch a little t.v.” This came when bedtime came and the girls were sent to their house, but the boys weren’t ready to go to bed.
“You gave me coffee yesterday so you’re my mom.”
I didn’t give him coffee but he drank what was left in my cup when I turned my head.                     

“Ron’s my dad and Karen’s my mom.” That blew both of us away.
“I pray for you this morning.” This is a regular thing now along with “I pray for you at church.”
“I’m bleeding. I need a band-aid.” This also is an every day occurrence. It still amazes us at the things they find to put a band-aid on.
There have been days when the boys and girls have gotten together and had church for hours. They make their own instruments to play, as well as a microphone and altar, and they praise and worship our Lord with all they have. They even take an offering and have communion. I don’t think I have ever seen any other children “play” like this. It gives me “glory bumps” to hear them sing and pray together.

                                                                                 
 
There have been times when someone was sick in the middle of the night and just recently someone fell out of bed and busted his mouth and chin. We heard him crying and found him sitting on the step outside his room bleeding all over the place. We are here for these times… to comfort, console, hold, and give our love to these who have no mom and dad to comfort and take care of them.
And so, as I ask why, God continues to show me why and we continue to serve and love the people here.

Ron and I rejoice in the knowledge that our Father has entrusted us to love and nurture these boys and even more than that - we know that through all the trials we go through daily “that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28
                                        
We have several things that we are praying about here.  I will share some of them and will ask if you will pray with us for God's will for each request.

1.  Support for Hope Vision Ministry - Without monthly support we cannot continue to provide a home for the children.
2.  School will start Monday, October 3.  Please pray for the teachers and the children. We will have less students and smaller classrooms, which should provide a better learning - teaching atmosphere.
3.  We are praying for land to purchase and build on.  Our vision is to move away from the sea and have land to grow food and be self-sustaining, and have grass for the children to play on.
4.  We had 8 boys who were recently baptized.  Please pray for them as they continue to grow in their walk with the Lord.
5.  As always, wisdom and understanding in serving the Haitian people and strength to endure.

We love you and we are thankful for you. 
May God bless you richly.

If you would like to make a donation to the ministry or to Ron and I personally please send to:

                                                            Globe International
                                               P.O. Box 3040 | 8590 Highway 98 West |
                                                           Pensacola, FL 32516 |
                                             (850) 453-3453 | Fax: (850) 456-6001
                                                             http://www.gme.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment